Sunday 28 July 2013

Not a love story, more of a buzz kill

Hello there my fabulous readers, it's time, yet again, for another post. This time it's about my friend (Let's call her felicity), well she lives with a group of friends in the town in which I live. She has been there for a few months, and lived happily with them all, she even got on with all of her housemates friends.

A bunch of stoners, they were always getting up to stuff in their rooms, but Felicity had always left them to do it. Well, she had told me about of one of their friends that she could never quite figure out, (Let's call him Fred). Everytime she had seen him he had said no more than one word, and had given her dirty looks. She always found it funny, but could never grasp why he was doing it.

After about a month and a half of meeting Fred every time he knocked for her room mate, there was a small party, which I attended. We all had a few drinks, and had a massive chat. Including Fred and Felicity. Since that night they had spoken every time they saw eachother, and had become more and more flirtacious. Yeah I know, what the hell right? Well, apparently all it took was that one night of conversation, to make Felicity grow feelings for this boy. A crush, you could call it. Yes. I had the same reaction. A crush at 19? I mean I get crushes on fictional characters in books (But who doesn't love Peeta from the hunger games?) but crushes don't exsist these days!

Well, a few nights ago I found myself in her garden having a few drinks with her yet again. We were having such a good night, sitting in the sun, a few cans of whatever we could afford, and when the world turned hazy we looked up and noticed that her room mate had a guest over. Fred. The moments that followed were a hazy blurr of me trying to stop my friend from going up there, and baring in mind that my conversation skills were slurred and my movements were delayed I didn't do too bad. That was until she fooled my dehydrated brain. "I'm gonna go get another can from the fridge".

It took me around 5 minutes to realise that we had all the cans on the table outside, not in the fridge and that she had fooled me. Looking up, I could see her standing in her room mates room. All I could think was God that girl is persistant...Where is my beer....I wander if I could balance that brush on my nose? I could not, but my god I tried.

Since that night she has turned to jelly every time he has entered a room, and she can't help herself. I find it quite bemusing but it made me think. Could it work? I mean he is her stoner room mate's friend, who until recently, hadn't said anything to her. She, was a previously strong minded, sober girl, who unitl the other day, didn't really know his name.

I mean in the past, when has that ever worked. Couples work on...well let's face it... tolerance! The tolerance to put up with the other's flaws, and enjoy enough things about them to make you want to stay. All famous couples had tolerance. Brad and Angelina. He put up with her insistant need for children, and her shovel face, whilst enjoying her skin tight clothing. Kermit and Miss Piggy. He put up with her constant weight gain, and stubborness. Whilst enjoying her cooking. Romeo and Juliet. He put up with her crappy family, and their impending doom. Whilst enjoying the odd kiss behind the curtains. Need I say more?

So will the bad boy druggy and the strong minded good girl ever be happy? Well, the answer is no. Not because there is no tolerance there, but because she is reduced to jelly everytime she sees him; but people! Don't think that you are too different, or he is too cute, or they are too annoying. Think to yourself. Can you put up with the crappy side to their personality to get to the good part?

Ahh true love. It's not all flowers and chocolates. It's all about putting up with their little habits that make you want to stab them in the eye with a fork. Although remember, the eyes can be decieving. That cute guy that makes your stomach flip, could be a mass murderer from Kent. Although if you can put up with his killing instincts, then why not?

Happy Readings!

Chann


No comments:

Post a Comment