Saturday 9 March 2013

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Beauty. It comes in many shapes and sizes. Who are we to judge what is or isn't beautiful? I personally think everyone is, in their own way, and I know that sentence is overplayed and overused but I truly do think it's so. Have you ever looked at someone and found them so over overwhelmingly attractive and well, beautiful that it sometimes takes you by surprise  That you stare at them trying to comprehend it, (which usually makes them react with odd looks) but your friends just can't seem to figure out why? I have. Many times. My best friend Megan has often put me in my place, and told me who she thinks I am barmy to find attractive, but hey! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder right?
I have had many crushes over the years, some from the t.v, some in real life and to be quite honest I have an odd taste. For some reason which I just gather why, I have fancied those such as Duff Goldman, Imhotep, from the mummy, Bane from batman, even Greg Wallace from master chef! I do realize that there is a running theme in these people...bald and chubby but for some reason I can't resist a cute chubby guy! I have had that many crushes considered 'Odd' that Megan has made me a calender of all of them. 12 weird crushes that she just can't quite gather why. Well to be honest neither can I. 

In life i'm just the same, I love a cute guy, who is smart and can make me laugh, looks are not important to me. This sometimes makes me end up liking some of the oddest guys in the world, that makes even my best friend cringe. This however helps me extremely. If beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder then there must be hope for the rest of us! It's not just the skinny, model styled people that get the dream happiness, so can we! It doesn't matter if you are a little round around the edges, if you aren't the brightest bulb in the bunch, if you have annoying habits or even if you just are unlucky in love. There is someone out there that likes all of that, the one who gets moaned at by their friends for their bad taste in partners, someone who looks at you trying to figure out why in the world do they like you but knowing at some point they have to say something. They could be anyone, someone you haven't met yet, a friend, an enemy but they are out there. The ones with the odd crushes. I am proud to say I am one of them. 

So guys, stop trying to fit in the stereotypical beauty and be your own! Be unique and be yourself, and trust me, you'll find someone that finds you beautiful, just as you are. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder guys, so look around. They may even be watching now.


Chann

No comments:

Post a Comment