Friday 8 March 2013

Unlikely friendships

Me (left) and my good friend Kimsy
When I started college I had no clue who I was going to mesh well with. I mean it was hairdressing! I'm the girl who takes 5 minutes in the morning to get ready, quick brush of the hair, throw some clothes on and go. Then I was surrounded by girls who spent ages getting ready, tanned and glossed, they were like a foreign species. I had to fit it in, I had no choice. Even the rule book said I had to wear makeup and make an effort.
It was weird and took me ages to get hang of. My mum insisted I would make friends and fit in eventually. I still laugh at that to this day. There was no way I was ever fitting in, but I blended in...slightly. Good enough!

Then I met a few girls who I got along with really well. I started to mesh well and found I wasn't the odd one out at last. I am so grateful to have them as friends and I will miss them now I have left.

I never thought that I would find such good friends in such an unlikely group. I mean, i'm the complete opposite of most of the girls in there, yet for some reason I meshed well. As much as the actual course annoyed me, the lack of things being learnt and how slow it progressed I  used to get up stupidly excited to see my friends. What with everything going on at home I needed a laugh and that is exactly what I got and i'm stupidly grateful.

Getting up in the morning got really hard for me at one point, i'm on my own. All the bills, debt, hospital trips, and more was all my responsibility  Constant arguments with my family until I had no one left. No one to rely on or cry to when I needed it. On top of that I was ill myself, throwing up blood and having a mix up with my medication making me even worse, I was stressed to the max. I needed a constant release, and a distraction and that is what I got from them.

I guess this is just a way of saying thanks to all those who kept me going at college when I needed it most.
Though my mum is still in hospital and I still have the stress I know now who is there for me and it means alot.

Special thank you to-
My close friend Kimsy, you are a constant laugh and a giggle. I love our skype chats at night and our girly days out, thanks for listening to me moan to you when I needed it!
Vicky - You are one the nicest girls I know and I always love having a giggle with you. The Chann loves you!
Orange! (You know who you are) - I always love teasing you and as much fake tan as you wear I love you (and baby orange) to pieces!
Dean - I know this doesn't count as you didn't go to my college but you have been there for me through all of this and I rely so much on you. Thank you for being my rock and for introducing me to wifi.

Thank you guys, You have no idea how much appreciate you guys.

Chann





No comments:

Post a Comment